The local organizing committee is delighted to invite you to participate in the 9th International Symposium on Hydraulic Structures (ISHS 2022) to be held in hybrid mode at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee, India during 24th -27th October, 2022. This symposium will bring together academia and industry from across the globe to discuss issues and solutions in the design and construction of hydraulic structures. The symposium will provide a distinctive opportunity for engineers and researchers to present their works and be mentored by senior engineers and researchers. The symposium will be organized under the aegis of IAHR, Indian Society for Hydraulics (ISH), CWC, CBIP, India.
The Symposium would be four days in duration. A workshop shall be organized on the first day while next two days will be dedicated to ISHS technical sessions, including keynote addresses. The final day will be a technical field tour.
Abstract submission :
15 January 2022 28 February 2022
Abstract acceptance :
01 March 2022 10 March 2022
Full paper submission :
20 April 2022 10 May 2022
Notification of acceptance :
25 May 2022 10 June 2022
Revised papers submission:
01 July 2022 10 July 2022
Notification of final acceptance :
05 August 2022 9 August 2022
Registration Opens : 10 August 2022
Registration Closing :
30 September 2022 20th October 2022
Technical tour : 24 October 2022
Workshop : 25 October 2022
Symposium : 26-27 October 2022
- Storage and Diversion Structures
- Energy Dissipators
- Flow Conveyance Structures
- Physical and Numerical Modeling
- Scour around Hydraulics Structures
- Coastal Engineering
- Best Practices in Risk Management
- Miscellaneous Structures
The symposium will provide an opportunity for sponsoring organizations to publicize their products/services to the participants and interact with them. Sponsorship packages for sponsoring the ISHS 2022 under Platinum, Golden and Silver categories shall be USD 1000, USD 750 and USD 500, respectively.
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee is among the foremost of institutes of national importance in higher technological education and in engineering, basic and applied research. The Institute will celebrate its demisemiseptcentennial in year 2022. The Department of Civil Engineering at the IIT Roorkee is the oldest and the largest in the country and is considered as the best in the country for education in Civil Engineering. It was established on October 19, 1847 as Roorkee College of Civil Engineering and renamed as the Thomason College of Civil Engineering in 1854. The department is producing several eminent engineers who are making notable contributions in the planning and execution of Civil Engineering projects in India as well as abroad. Hydraulics Laboratory of Civil Engineering was established in 1956, having a floor area of 4400 m2 and a discharge of 1.0 m3/s and equipped with state-of-art equipments.
Past Events of Symposium on Hydraulic Structures
- 8th International Symposium on Hydraulic Structures (ISHS2020), May 12-15 2020, Santiago de Chile, South America. (Event cancelled due to COVID-19); Proceedings Open Access
- 7th International Symposium on Hydraulic Structures (ISHS2018), May 15-18 2018, Aachen, Germany (ISHS2018). Website; Proceedings Open Access
- 6th International Symposium on Hydraulic Structures (ISHS2016), 27-30 June 2016, Portland, Oregon, USA. Proceedings Open Access
- 5th International Symposium on Hydraulic Structures (ISHS2014), 25-27 June 2014, Brisbane, Australia. Proceedings Open Access
- 4th International Symposium on Hydraulic Structures (ISHS2012), 9-11 February 2012, Porto, Portugal. Website
- 3rd International Symposium on Hydraulic Structures (ISHS2008), 20-23 October 2008, Nanjing, China.
- 2nd International Symposium on Hydraulic Structures (ISHS2006), 12-14 October 2006, Cuidad Guayana, Venezuela.
- 1st International Symposium on Hydraulic Structures (ISHS2004), 26-28 April 2004, Tehran, Iran.